The DIY Laundry Detergent Trials...

Well, I have explained to my husband what Pinterest is (and then told him to never act like he knew what Pinterest was because it is NOT manly what so ever!)... Well, regardless of how he knew about it, a friend told him about the DIY Laundry Detergent. He likes to keep his pocketbook under lock and key, and when he heard a penny per load, he was stoked. (Our current detergent says it saves us approximately 23 cents per load).

So, last night Blake brought in a 5 gallon bucket in which he had rigged a little pour spout with a toggle. (He is sooo clever). I, of course, am pretty excited about his 'crafty' adventure.

So, for those of you who are wanting to make it... here are my thoughts! (Also, check back for updates because I do ALOT of laundry.)

Day 1: I walked in the house after running a few errands and think, something smells pretty awesome!! It is my DIY detergent!!! We use Febreeze Noticeables, Bath and Body Works Wallflowers, and Scentsy products ---- and over all of those, I smell a fresh, clean scent coming from my laundry room! So already... I could care less how clean my clothes are, this detergent is great! (haha). In the meantime... I currently am running my first load of laundry with the detergent. I will post later about it's scent, and once I get to the baby's clothes I will let you know about the cleanliness!